Toronto Metropolitan University is proud to offer the Toronto Met International Student Scholarship to support a limited number of international students.
The TMISS program is open to international students enrolled in doctoral engineering programs for 2023 at TMU in Canada.
Toronto Metropolitan University was established on September 16, 1948, with the motto “With mind and skill” (Mente et artificio). TMU is located in Canada’s largest city Toronto. TMU offers over 100 undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Why study at Toronto Metropolitan University? Studying at TMU, students have an opportunity to take their education to the next level by earning a master’s degree, PhD, or professional master’s diploma. AT TMU, over 60 undergraduate, including foundation programs available for international students.
Application Deadline: There is no deadline. (Admission deadline: March 16, 2023)
- University or Organization: Toronto Metropolitan University
- Department: Engineering
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: $7,000, non-renewable
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the doctoral engineering programs.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- An international student who is a candidate in one of Toronto Met’s doctoral engineering programs.
- All engineering doctoral students are automatically considered for these awards.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: At Toronto Metropolitan University, all graduate applications are submitted online. Submitting a complete application package is a two-part process.
- Part 1 – Submit an application administered by the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC). When applicants begin the application process, they will be transferred to the OUAC website, where they will be able to complete and submit their application.
- Part 2 – Uploading documents. The online system is mandatory.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have all the necessary documents and information to submit a complete application:
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Letter of Recommendation
- Transcripts/Grading Scales
- English Language Proficiency
- Supplementary Tests
- Sample of Work
- Statement of Authorship
- Professional Designations/Employee Verification Forms
- Admission Requirements: A master’s degree (or equivalent) from a degree-granting institution with a 3.33/4.33 (B+ or equivalent) average and demonstrated research capabilities. Some programs are more competitive than others and require a higher admissions entry. Before applying, applicants must meet all the required entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: All applicants will be required to provide certification of English language proficiency. Before you start your degree program at Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU), applicants must meet the English language requirements.
Toronto Metropolitan University will provide a $7,000, non-renewable award to support a limited number of international students.